I want my data to be synced with all my Apple devices using iCloud. But there is no Sync icon.

Options
bobgoldstein1passwrd
bobgoldstein1passwrd
Community Member

When I follow the directions and open 1password preferences, I am supposed to click on a sync icon, but there is none. I wanted to make sure all my data was synced to all my Apple devices using iCloud.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Syncing is slow or spotty

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you have a subscription rather than a licence, sync is automatic through 1password.com, so there is no sync option needed or available.

• @bobgoldstein1passwrd

As danco mentioned there would be no sync options available when using a membership. To sync your devices you would need to set all of your devices to using 1Password.com as your sync type.

Please let us know if you have questions.

• bobgoldstein1passwrd
    bobgoldstein1passwrd
    Community Member
    Options

I seem to have 'membership' in 1passwiord.com because I was able to sign in there. I then opened my iPhone and opened 1password. In settings, it named iCloud as my sync service. There was no way to change it to 1password.com. How can I do that, change the sync service?

• bobgoldstein1passwrd
    bobgoldstein1passwrd
    Community Member
    Options

AND, thanks very much for your help, and so promptly.

• Ben
    Options

@bobgoldstein1passwrd

Sure thing. :) We'd be happy to help with that. The first step would be to sign into your 1Password account inside the 1Password for iOS app. This option can be found under 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts. You'd use the same credentials that you used to sign in at https://my.1password.com/

That should prompt you to migrate the 1Password data that is on the iPhone, and then delete the legacy standalone vaults. If that doesn't happen automatically you can trigger it manually using 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Migrate Data to Your Account. Once that is done you should see the same data on https://my.1password.com as you see on the iPhone. If you are also signed into that account on other devices, your data will be available on those too.

Ben

• bobgoldstein1passwrd
    bobgoldstein1passwrd
    Community Member
    Options

I signed on to my 1password account inside the 1password app on my iPhone. Under Settings>Advanced there was no item 'Migrate Data to Your Account'. The only thing similar was a choice named Import Vault. So I am still in the dark.

• Ben
    Options

@bobgoldstein1passwrd

That would seemingly indicate that the migration happened automatically. If you look in 1Password > Settings > Vaults do you see a vault called 'Primary'? If not, then the migration has likely already happened. If you check https://my.1password.com do you see all of the same vaults (and data within) as you see on your iPhone?

Ben

• bobgoldstein1passwrd
    bobgoldstein1passwrd
    Community Member
    Options

I see Personal not Primary. And that's what i see on the web page for 1password.com.

• Ben
    Options

Perfect. Your iPhone is migrated then. ✅

Ben

• bobgoldstein1passwrd
    bobgoldstein1passwrd
    Community Member
    Options

I have another iPhone (my wife's) and two iPads. Do I repeat the sequence you told me about for the iPhone on each of the other devices?

• Ben
    Options

For your devices: yes, exactly. :)

For your wife's devices, you'll want to have her sign into her account, not yours (different email address, Secret Key, and presumably Master Password), but otherwise the process would be the same. That is, unless you're sharing an individual account. If you are sharing an individual account, then you'd follow the same procedure with the same credentials. With 1Password Families each person gets their own account, and then data can (optionally) be shared. If you're sharing an individual account, as far as 1Password is concerned, you're the same person and will have exactly the same data.

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.