Suggestions wrong in web browser

Options
gopher
gopher
Community Member

I'm running Firefox (77.0.1 (64-bit)) on MacOS 10.15.4. When I click the 1Password icon in Firefox's toolbar, it often does not show the correct entry for the website shown. i.e. The "Suggestions" items in the drop down list shows an entry unrelated to displayed website. Instead, I have to manually scroll/search for the correct entry.

Sometimes, the "suggestion" is the correct entry, but the shown entry is something different.

This also happens in Vivaldi browser.

What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gopher!

The suggestions menu will show Login items that match the website you are visiting. When you notice this behavior, can you please check this Login item in 1Password and look at the value of the website field inside it? Does it match the URL of the website you are currently visiting?

• gopher
    gopher
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it does. I've got a couple of screenshots I can ping you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gopher:

Thank you. So if the websites match, then that is why the item is shown in the suggestions menu. You are free to upload the screenshots here on the forum if there is nothing personal in it, or you can email them to us at support+forum@agilebits.com if you prefer to check this in private.

If you decide to send them via email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received after sending the email so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.