App on Chromebook - Search Pops back to First Entry when Field is selected

Vicw
Vicw
Community Member

The Search function in the 1Password app has a peculiar behavior in Chromebook, when displayed in full screen mode. When I select the Search icon, then type in the Title of the entry for the search, the screen displays the Entry group in the Center and the selected Entry on the Right. That is all fine, but when I then select any field in the selected item, rather than display the Copy/Reveal/etc. options for that item, it switches the display back to the first entry item in the database.

This can be avoided if I first remember to hit the Entry button on the keyboard prior to selecting the field, or avoid displaying the app full screen, but it's not an obvious or intuitive behavior, and not required in other versions of the app. It sounds like a trivial thing, but it's had me scratching my head for hours, before I finally saw the correlation.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Vicw!

Would it be possible for you to generate a short video showing this behavior? I don't currently have a Chromebook to test this, so it would be nice if we could see exactly what is happening.

For privacy reasons, you can send the screen record to us via email at support+forum@agilebits.com so it's not posted on the public forum ;)

• Vicw
    Vicw
    Community Member

Yes, @ag_ana, I'll be sending one to you soon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you! :+1: :)

• peri
    edited June 2020

@Vicw I have tested this out on my end, and I'm not seeing the same behavior, so I would indeed be curious to see a recording of it. Instead of posting it here, could you please email it to us at support+android@agilebits.com? Include a link to this thread so we can connect the dots when we receive it. Thanks!

• Vicw
    Vicw
    Community Member

@peri I did send a clip about an hour ago. It was assigned a Support ID [#VNM-29946-713].

I suspect that the Lenovo Duet Chromebook alternative operation as a freestanding tablet may be related with this aberrant behavior with the keyboard attached.

• Thanks very much @Vicw. I see it and I'll reply to you over email. ref: VNM-29946-713

This discussion has been closed.