To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

When does access end?

glennamydavis
glennamydavis
Community Member

Can you tell me if my membership expires on June 28th, and if I'm using the Win 10 desktop app, will I still be able to access the info inside the 1P Win 10 app after June 28? If not, what is the exact date and time when I can no longer access the info inside the app?

I sent this question to support but clearly they can't understand English. How hard can this question be? I'd like a fast response please.

I'm so glad I'm moving on to Last Pass.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @glennamydavis,

We do not want to hold your data hostage, so when your membership expires and your account becomes frozen you will continue to have read only access to all of your data in 1Password. This will include the ability to export your data.

From our documentation on frozen accounts:

While your account is frozen, you can still view all your items, copy your passwords, and even copy items to vaults outside your account. But you won’t be able to:

• Add new items to vaults
    • Edit items
    • Invite people to your family or team
    • Fill items in your browser

I'm sorry to see you go, but you will continue to have access to your 1Password data after you do.

• glennamydavis
    glennamydavis
    Community Member

Thanks jpgoldberg. This is perhaps the first time in the last several attempts to ask for support where someone at 1P has been empathetic and answered the question at hand.

My membership expires tomorrow, Jun 24. I wish I had 2-3 more days to migrate (due to recovery from an auto accident) but I know there are limits to memberships.

• I'm glad Jeff was able to help. You'll have as much time as you need to migrate - to reiterate you do not lose access to view and export your data when your subscription expires. You wouldn't be able to add new items to 1Password but it sounds like that isn't the goal anyway. I am sorry to hear that it didn't work out, and I hope you're able to find a password management solution you're comfortable with and confident in. If you ever change your mind, and want to give 1Password another shot, we'll be here to help.

Ben

• nano
    nano
    Community Member

Many thanks Ben for clarifying the previous answer, this policy from 1Password to never hold our data hostage, helped me a great deal to switch to the subscription mode. I’ve been a 1Password local User License since version 2 came out and I am currently running 1Password Version 6.8.9 (689000) from Mac App Store. Thanks again for such a great product and best support ever !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @nano! :)

This discussion has been closed.