First Command-\ after login fails...

brad73435
brad73435
Community Member

After I login, my first Command-\ to fill in a password fails (meaning the window opens but never requests a password... the fingerprint image goes from bold to faded). After a pause I have to enter Command-\ again to get a login prompt. This is in Chrome "Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)" (though may be other browsers... don't remember), on 2018 Macbook Air.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.5 (70500003)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: My 1Password file is in iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brad73435! Welcome to the forum!

meaning the window opens but never requests a password... the fingerprint image goes from bold to faded

Can you please elaborate on this a little bit? You wrote that this happens "after you login" and use Cmd+\ for the first time, so it's normal that 1Password does not request your password again. Are you expecting to enter your Master Password again?

• brad73435
    brad73435
    Community Member

I'm expecting to either enter master password or use the fingerprint recognition (on the keyboard)... yes. Hold on... I'm going to log out and run back through this to get the exact steps...

• brad73435
    brad73435
    Community Member

OK... so when I first use Command-\ it brings up one window asking for the password. If I hit Command-\ a second time it brings up two windows, the main one asking for a password and the second asking for Touch ID or password. Here's a screen capture of the second time... the first window only has entering a password as an option.!

Bottom line, I have to hit Command-\ twice to get the Touch ID option... I don't think it used to be this way (before an upgrade to the extension a while ago).

Thank you

• brad73435
    brad73435
    Community Member

Can't tell if you got that screen capture... let me know if not and I'll try sending again.

• @brad73435

I checked our spam filters, and we have not received a screenshot. Can you try to send it again? * Please be mindful not to include any sensitive information such as user names and passwords.

I am not sure how you tried sending the screenshot, but you can attach it directly to your message by clicking the last icon in the formatting tools.

• brad73435
    brad73435
    Community Member

• brad73435
    brad73435
    Community Member

Here's a screenshot before it works... after the first Command-\ and before the second...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brad73435:

Thank you for the screenshots. What happens if you click on the Touch ID popup so it's in focus, and put your finger on the Touch ID sensor of your Mac? Are you able to unlock 1Password then?

• brad73435
    brad73435
    Community Member

When I do that (click on the TouchID popup) I get this...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brad73435:

So now the problem is not that 1Password does not unlock anymore, it's that it doesn't see the browser extension in your browser. Thank you for the update. What is the exact version of the 1Password browser extension that you currently have installed in your Chrome browser?

• brad73435
    brad73435
    Community Member

Also, I've started clicking that greyed out fingerprint each time... sometimes it brings up the message saying the extension is missing, sometimes it lets me open the extension with a fingerprint.

Thank you for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brad73435:

Thank you for the confirmation. At this point, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• brad73435
    brad73435
    Community Member

Done. The support ID is [#NDG-14866-952].
    Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brad73435:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: NDG-14866-952

This discussion has been closed.