Upgraded to 1Password7 but need to uninstall & delete 1Password6 without harming data. OS 10.15.5

randallmarkt
randallmarkt
Community Member

Right now both versions appear to running, and all my data is duplicated. I want to eliminate duplicates but not lose data. It works, but not very well. MacBookPro. MacOS 10.15.5

Please instruct.

1Password Version: 7.5 and 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded to 1Password7 but need to uninstall & delete 1Password6 without harming data. OS 10.15.5

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @randallmarkt! Welcome to the forum!

Where do you see the duplicates? In 1Password 6 or in 1Password 7?

• randallmarkt
    randallmarkt
    Community Member

Duplicates only seen in 7.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@randallmarkt:

Thank you for the confirmation. Are the duplicates inside a single vault, or do you have duplicates because you have multiple vaults inside 1Password 7, each with the same contents?

• randallmarkt
    randallmarkt
    Community Member

There seems to be two vaults in 7 with the same contents. Why, I don't know. I never tried to make another vault.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@randallmarkt:

Is the name of one of the vaults Primary perhaps? If it is, this is probably a leftover from before the upgrade.

• randallmarkt
    randallmarkt
    Community Member

Yes, one is called Primary and is shown as "on iCloud". What do I do?

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020

@randallmarkt

Are you able to login to your account via a web browser using https://my.1password.com ? If so, grab a new copy of your Emergency Kit, if you have not already done so.

https://support.1password.com/emergency-kit/

On your Mac:

Open 1Password > Preferences > Advanced, uncheck ... Local Vaults ◻ Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password Accounts.

• randallmarkt
    randallmarkt
    Community Member

Tommy, thank you. I got my Emergency Kit, and I followed your instruction to get rid of the Primary Vault. It worked. Now how do I uninstall 1Password6?

• randallmarkt
    randallmarkt
    Community Member

Oops! I just logged into 1Password7 on my iPhone, and the Primary Vault is still there. What to do?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@randallmarkt:

Now how do I uninstall 1Password6?

Just drag the application to the Trash.

Oops! I just logged into 1Password7 on my iPhone, and the Primary Vault is still there. What to do?

You can remove it from there too. To remove your old Primary vault, tap Settings > Vaults > Primary. Then tap Delete Vault.

• randallmarkt
    randallmarkt
    Community Member

Ana, you're wonderful. It worked! Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @randallmarkt! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.