1Password Chrome Plugin (Mac) colomn shows only part login title

kikonimo
kikonimo
Community Member
edited June 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I would like to mension one thing i find very annoying when using the 1password X plugin in chrome. I use 1password for a couple of years now and liked most of the improvements. But i would like to mension another improvement.

I have a lot of login accounts for the same web application. these logins can have long names. when using the plugin the left column with login names is most of te time to small to show the whole title. It would be nice if the column would expand and allways be as wide as the widest login title in the collection on screen.

If the first part of the title is often the same, the list will show login titles with the same name. you have to click on each of them to find the right one. You probbably would say.... change your query! And I often that. But I would like you to take my suggestion into consideration when planning improvements.

kind regards,
Aldert Ottens

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 1password X 1.20.0
OS Version: mac os catalina 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kikonimo! Welcome to the forum!

I have taken the liberty to move your discussion to the 1Password X section of the forum so it's in the right place ;)

How many characters long are these usernames? I have just scrolled through my list in 1Password X, and I typically can see the entire email address, including the domain part. Are such long usernames typical for you?

• kikonimo
    kikonimo
    Community Member

Hi,

Thx for your reply! I will at a image to show what I mean :)

As you can see in the image, I am talking about the left collumn in the imagewith the arrow.
    it contains titllenames ending with ... witch tells me that there is more to show!

I hope this explains it better! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kikonimo:

Thank you for the screenshot! That was very helpful :)

I see now that you were referring to item names, I mistakenly understood that you were referring to usernames instead. I am not sure there is anything I can suggest at this moment: usually when you need to identify different logins for the same website, you would use a combination of the title name and the username to find the right one (indeed, in your screenshot I see that all usernames for that website are different).

But if your goal is to see the entire title, no matter what the username is, I don't know of a way to make the text smaller or the window larger I am afraid :(

This discussion has been closed.