Two versions always open at startup

greycard
greycard
Community Member

Neither of them functions. Turning off the "open at login" always fails. So i have to waste time turning both off and manually rebooting.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:When ever I start my mac it tells me 1password can't open because another copy is using its data.

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020

@greycard

Based on your forum search terms. I think you may be having issues with the Main app launching and the helper, and both are attempting to use your data.

I understand you said turning off open at login fails I am not quite sure if you were referring to the helper within the 1Password preferences. Can you try these steps? They have helped quite a few people.

Right-click on the 1Password 7 icon in the dock > Options, and uncheck, Open at Login.

--

If that fails, it might be best if you sent us a diagnostic report. That would lend itself better to technical troubleshooting, and we can continue this discussion via email.

Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. greycard
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/114219/two-versions-always-open-at-startup#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here. Doing that will help us locate your ticket.

• greycard
    greycard
    Community Member

Whenever I click to uncheck the open at login option, it fails. That is, the option remains checked, so in effect at least it's not an option but a requirement. This is the first I've ever heard of a "helper" related to 1Password. The word receives no results when entered in the help option. Nor does it appear under the Tools link. I'm about to make a diagnostic report. Tomorrow.

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020

@greycard

For your reference, the helper startup option can be found in 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Extension Helper ✔ Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running.

Looking forward to that report. We can follow up via email once it's received.

Enjoy your evening. :)

• greycard
    greycard
    Community Member

Problem's solved and I'll be dmned if I understand how it happened.

• I'm glad to hear the problem has been sorted, @greycard. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.