Problem with Touch ID

Supremium
Supremium
Community Member

Hi! I have a problem with access to 1Password with Touch ID. I used it for so long, that I even forgot my Master password ) And today, when I wanted to open 1Password, I accidently clicked Cancel, when the windoe with Touch ID appeared. And now when I restart the App, I do not see this Touch ID window. The only option left - enter the master password, which I do not remember. Is there a way to use the Touch ID again and open the app?

1Password Version: 7.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.0.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Supremium

I'd be happy to help with that situation. Do you see a Touch ID icon to the right of or below the Master Password field? If so, tapping on that should bring up the Touch ID prompt. If that icon is not present, it means the necessary key has been cleared from the keychain and unlocking via Touch ID will not be possible. The only way to re-enable Touch ID would be by entering the Master Password. Without that, Touch ID doesn't have the key it needs to decrypt your data. Note that 1Password does not automatically erase your data after any number of failed attempts, so if you think you might be able to remember / guess the password there is no harm in trying.

If ultimately you're unable to remember it, then you would need a Family Organizer on your membership to log in and start the recovery process for you:

Recover accounts for family or team members

If you have an individual membership, or don't have a membership at all, recovery would not be possible and the only recourse would be to remember the Master Password or start over. Please let us know how it turns out and if you need instructions for the latter.

Ben

• Supremium
    Supremium
    Community Member

Ben, thanks for your help. Unfortunately I can't see the Touch ID icon (see the screenshot attached). I'm also not a member of any group and I think that I do not have any membership at all. Looks like there is no way for me to decrypt the data and I will have to delete everything and start over. Shit, just one wrong tap... and week long data restoration hell ahead..

• Supremium
    Supremium
    Community Member

Ben, thanks for your help. Unfortunately I can't see the Touch ID icon (see the screenshot attached). I'm also not a member of any group and I think that I do not have any membership at all. Looks like there is no way for me to decrypt the data and I will have to delete everything and start over. Shit, just one wrong tap... and week long data restoration hell ahead..

This discussion has been closed.