Troubles with the May Update?

VELR
VELR
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Since the Windows 10 May Update to version 2004, 1Password freezes when the PC is inactive. The only way I can start it's by deleting it from the Task Manager. Also, a number of background processes are created at this time. (See picture.) There is no error message and otherwise everything runs normally. A new installation, no matter if stable or beta, didn't bring any success.

1Password Version: 7.6.777
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (2004)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @VELR!

Do you see the same behavior even after a reboot of your Windows PC?

• VELR
    VELR
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

As soon as I restart the PC or close all tasks, 1Password runs normally. The problem occurs only with inactivity.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@VELR:

Thank you for the confirmation. The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• VELR
    VELR
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Done, thanks.

[#BDK-86416-364]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@VELR:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: BDK-86416-364

• CHHO
    CHHO
    Community Member

Are there any news regarding this as I'm experiencing the same with version 7.4.767.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@CHHO:

We are currently investigating this, and waiting for an update :+1: You are free to send us a diagnostics report too if you wish, so we can take a look at your configuration as well.

• VELR
    VELR
    Community Member

@CHHO
    With me, G DATA Antivirus caused the problem. There was an update, which happened at about the same time as the Windows May Update. After uninstalling G DATA, everything is fine.

@ag_ana
    Thanks for the great support!

• MikeT
    edited July 2020

Thanks for updating the thread with the resolution, that'll help others that may have the same issue.

We'd like to find a way to co-exist with other products but for now, try what VELR suggested; see if G DATA is the cause.

We do recommend following up with G DATA to see if they can fix this, they usually want to work with the affected customers directly.

This discussion has been closed.