Differences between 1Password for Mac and for iPod

RussJones
RussJones
Community Member

I had to reformat my mac hard drive and reinstall everything, and now some of the passwords that I used to have on both my mac and my iPad are only on the iPad, like my appleid. When I first set up 1Password 7 on the iPad, I used the scan code and everything worked fine. When I reinstalled it on my mac, it asked for my secret key and appeared to work. Since then, entries I've created on the mac show up on the ipad, and vice versa, but some logins do appear on the iPad but not on the mac. I'm mystified, anyone?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500003) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: macOS 10.15.5
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RussJones!

Since then, entries I've created on the mac show up on the ipad, and vice versa, but some logins do appear on the iPad but not on the mac.

It sounds like you might have additional vaults in 1Password on your iPad, which you don't have in 1Password for Mac. What is the name of the vault where these items are located, that ones that are not syncing? Is the name of the vault Primary perhaps?

• RussJones
    RussJones
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, @ag_ana

You're right, the "Primary" vault on my iPad seems to have the user IDs that are missing from my mac. It also does not have some entries, like software licenses that I've added in the last couple of days on my mac. Is there some way I can consolidate all those iPad libraries into the vault that's called "Personal" on my mac? It's the only one that's visible on the mac. I'm terrified that I'll lose passwords!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2020

@RussJones:

Is there some way I can consolidate all those iPad libraries into the vault that's called "Personal" on my mac?

Yes: you can move those items from your Primary vault to your Personal vault, so everything is in the same place.

We then also recommend removing the Primary vault from your device to avoid this confusion: if you have a 1Password membership with a Personal vault, everything should be in it, so you don't need additional vaults anywhere :)

• RussJones
    RussJones
    Community Member

@ag_ana

Everything's fine now, thanks! I'm not sure how it all worked before, my iphone was syncing to the subscription account and was also using icloud, my phone was set to dropbox, it was crazy, but they're all set to the subscription account now. Thanks so much for the excellent and speedy support!

Russ

• That's great Russ. Thank you for the update. Glad to hear everything is happening through your account now and is working as expected. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.