system lock

It appears the system lock is defaulted to 10 minutes. This is way too short. I can change it but it resets every time I close the browser. How do you have a system lock default time period that is longer than the standard default of 10 minutes? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @monicard,

Could you please specify the name and the version of 1Password extension that you have in your browser? Is it 1Password X?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

1.19.2 in Firefox. I am using Windows 10 latest version.

• Are you clearing your data in Firefox upon exist? The timeout itself should stay set across browser sessions, but note that if you close your browser, this closes 1Password X completely, so if you close Firefox after five minutes, 1Password will be locked when you open Firefox again. I don't think that's what you're running into, but I just wanted to make sure.

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

It seam to remember the settings as long as the browser session is open. Once I close it, it goes back to the default which is lock every 10 minutes. I want to change the default to not have it lock every 10 minutes. I don't want to go into settings every time I open the browser to modify the default.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@monicard:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have just tested this in 1Password X in Firefox, and the lock settings remained for me after closing and reopening the browser, and unlocking 1Password X again.

The only difference that I see is that I am running 1Password X version 1.20.0, so I wonder if updating your extension to the latest version will help.

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

Updated to 1.20. There is no difference. If I close the browser, the setup goes back to the original 10 minute default. Very frustrating to have to adjust this every single time.

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

At this rate, I may go back to my previous password manager.

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

Actually, none of my settings changes can be saved. That includes making 1Password my default password manager and checking for vulnerable passwords. I have to reset these every time I log into the browser. There is no save button for setting changes. I cannot believe others have not brought this up as an issue before.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @monicard ,

I'd like to mention ag_michaelc's reply here as it is key to this issue:

Are you clearing your data in Firefox upon exist? The timeout itself should stay set across browser sessions, but note that if you close your browser, this closes 1Password X completely, so if you close Firefox after five minutes, 1Password will be locked when you open Firefox again. I don't think that's what you're running into, but I just wanted to make sure.

If your Firefox is set to clear its cache upon quitting, then all of 1Password's settings will be wiped out as well.
    Please check your Firefox's settings and make sure it does retain the cache.

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

Updated to 1.20. There is no difference. If I close the browser, the setup goes back to the original 10 minute default. Very frustrating to have to adjust this every single time.

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

I do not delete cookies and I maintain history when cloing firefox. Not sure where you enable or disable the cache.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@monicard:

In Firefox, it's under the settings > Privacy & Security section > Cookies and Site Data:

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

I do not have that box checked. The add in refuses to save any settings changes. I cannot even save the change to make 1Password my default password manager. 1Password should have at least put a save button for settings changes instead of requiring me to go in and change preferences every time I open my browser. Looks like I am going to have to go back to Dashlane; at least it works right in Firefox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@monicard:

1Password should have at least put a save button for settings changes instead of requiring me to go in and change preferences every time I open my browser.

1Password X saves your settings automatically, so a Save button would not be necessary. The problem in your case is that, for some reason, your settings are not saved in that browser, which is what we are trying to troubleshoot. So even if there was a Save button, it would not help you much since the problem is that those settings are not saved in the first place.

Do you have other browser extensions installed in Firefox, alongside 1Password X? I wonder if there could be something else interfering with it. For reference, when I tested this in Firefox on my machine, I only had 1Password X installed there, and 1Password X remembered all my settings.

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

Here is the list. Gary

• monicard
    monicard
    Community Member

Disabled ad blocker plus and still the same result.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info @monicard .

Can you please test the following and see if you can get 1Password to save your settings:
    1. Create a new user profile in Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-remove-switch-firefox-profiles
    2. Log into that new user profile.
    3. Install only 1Password X in it.
    4. Test and see if when you close Firefox, your settings are saved.

This test will help us narrow down if the issue is within Firefox itself or if the issue is beyond Firefox (e.g. a possible 3rd party app on your computer).

This discussion has been closed.