About to install 1Password for our team, however, I need some clarity on web extensions

alex_pres_tech
alex_pres_tech
Community Member

So we are moving to Mac, and we use Chrome and Safari. When I started installing web extensions I noticed 1Password X and 1Password (not the full app, the web extensions).

After reading what I could find on the 1Password site, I find myself confused! Which one should I install (I will be installing the current version of the full app on each Mac as well)??

Thank you kindly for any insight,

Alex

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password X or 1password on Mac

Comments

• Hi @alex_pres_tech

If you'll be using Safari you would need the 1Password 7 application, which includes the Safari App Extension. Along with that, you can install the 1Password companion extension in Chrome which will give a similar experience to the built-in Safari extension. I recommend going this route, instead of 1Password X, as we do not currently offer 1Password X for Safari. Both 1Password 7 and the companion extension are available from this page:

Best Password Manager for macOS & Safari

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• alex_pres_tech
    alex_pres_tech
    Community Member

Excellent! Thank you so much...

• You're very welcome @alex_pres_tech. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.