iOS fill in credit card info

jmol
jmol
Community Member
edited July 2020 in iOS

Specifically on iPad. How do I make this work? I don't want to have to open the 1Password app and switch around like a caveman. It's already stupid enough that I have to tap the share arrow first, but I guess that's not entirely your fault.

How do I get it to fill in the info? Or at the very least, how do I copy the info from the pop up that happens after I go through the stupid process of tapping the share button, tapping 1 password, and tapping the "info" badge next to the card that I want?

It's a brand new iPad updated to the latest iOS, with 1Password just downloaded. Everything is up to date. Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @jmol

The process is:

1. Tap the share sheet icon
    2. Tap 1Password
    3. Tap on the title of the credit card you want to fill (not the 'i' / info badge)

It would be great if in the future Apple would expand autofill to allow password managers such as ours to supply it with credit cards, so that customers wouldn't have to go through the share sheet extension, but that hasn't happened yet. Hopefully in a future update. :)

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• jmol
    jmol
    Community Member

That’s what I’ve been trying. On two different websites today that didn’t work. The share sheet would only fill in one specific field (like name or CVV code) but usually not in the correct spot.

• @jmol

Thanks for the additional information. Would you mind sharing the URLs to the two sites in question?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.