Unlock browser extensions using pin code

Options

Hi,
Is there a way to unlock browser extension (chrome) using a pin code rather than using the master password every time.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vinuvthomas,

1Password X, the version of 1Password extension that you are using now, works entirely in the browser, so it doesn't work with Windows Hello, which is supported in 1Password 7 for Windows.

If you want to use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password extension in the browser using a PIN code, please remove 1Password X and install our companion extension instead.

Here is how you can use it. Let me know how it works for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

• vinuvthomas
    vinuvthomas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg
    Thanks for your replay. I am now using Windows Hello companion extension.
    Does lock time setting suppose to sync across all devices? I configured the lock setting on the laptop but did not reflect on the desktop.

The lock option depends on whether Windows is ideal or not, however, there is no option to lock the 1password if the app is ideal for x period. How can I lock 1password if the application is not used for x period?

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vinuvthomas,

Auto-lock settings do not sync across your devices, so you will have to change them manually in 1Password 7 on all computers. The Auto-lock setting that you are looking for can be found in 1Password 7 > Settings > Security > Lock after computer is idle for:

Let me know if it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• vinuvthomas
    vinuvthomas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I configured the 1Password as suggested by you. But some reason the app keeps shutting down.Next time I launch the app it gives a message application closed unexpectedly send the report to support. It doesn't give any further info.
    How can I troubleshoot the issue

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vinuvthomas:

Thank you for the update.

But some reason the app keeps shutting down.Next time I launch the app it gives a message application closed unexpectedly send the report to support.

Have you sent a report to us via email already? Did you get a ticket number?

This discussion has been closed.