How can i turn off touch id requests in 1password? It does not work on my cracked fingertips.

Grandpop5
Grandpop5
Community Member

I have already disabled it in settings for my iphone. I have to re-enter my pin code whenever logging in.
If I have to reenter the pin code more than once for the same transaction, 1password will just not work for me. Just let me know and I'll move on.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can i turn off touch id on 1password? It doesn't work with my cracked finger tips

Comments

• Hi @Grandpop5

In the 1Password app under Settings > Security there is an option for Touch ID. Is that currently on? If it is not, could you please elaborate about when you're seeing prompts for Touch ID? Thanks!

Ben

• Grandpop5
    Grandpop5
    Community Member

Hi Ben. Thanks for responding. Yes, it was on. I just turned it off.

Now I just get the request for the master password every time I go back to the ipassword app. It doesn't stay logged in for the 30 minutes I set.

• Correct. Without some form of 'Quick Unlock' enabled 1Password cannot store the necessary secret in the iOS keychain, which is what keeps 1Password unlocked while you're not using it. If you'd rather not use Touch ID, you may want to consider using a PIN for Quick Unlock. This setting can be found in 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security if available for your device. Note that this is 'hidden' in an advanced menu because it isn't something we generally recommend. Touch ID is the more secure and technically superior option.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.