Updating duplicate entries

Hi team,

I've read through quite a few forum posts about the term/concept of "duplicates" and haven't found clarity for my query. If I overlooked it, please just point me in the right direction. Much appreciated. That said...

I may be over-nerding a bit, but I'm going to ask anyway, lol. I want to keep a copy of some logins in a "Master Vault." I want the duplicates to update if I change them in another vault. For instance, there was a feature of KeePass which I liked that accomplished that goal. I could create a duplicate copy of an entry which is dynamically linked to the original. Is there a feature or function in 1Password which can make that happen?

Cheers,
Scott

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SscoootzZ!

This is not something that 1Password supports I am afraid: if you duplicate an item, 1Password considers it as two different copies, so updating one will not update the other. In 1Password, you would move this item to the correct vault, so you would only have one copy of it.

• SscoootzZ
    SscoootzZ
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Well, meh. I'm starting to see the way that 1P uses the password storage/provision, and I understand that the function I mentioned may be an outdated concept. Ok, thanks for your reply. As I'm still learning the forums, is there a more specific place where feature requests can be dropped though?

Thanks again & have a good 4th :)
    Scott

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SscoootzZ:

You can post them here in the forum or email them to us, whatever you prefer :)

• SscoootzZ
    SscoootzZ
    Community Member

@ag_ana:

Alrighty, thanks. Wow, your team is great! I keep looking around the forums and I have not yet seen a single end-user query go unanswered by your staff. Most queries are followed up by two or more of the 1P team. Remarkable CS, absolutely. Kudos again :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you so much for the kind words @SscoootzZ! We definitely try to reply to everything, so it's nice to know that it's being noticed :)

This discussion has been closed.