1PW no longer syncs between devices

Swivel_Eyes
Swivel_Eyes
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm using 7.6.777-BETA on one PC, 7.4.767 on another PC and 7.5.3 on my apple devices.
When I instigate a change on one, I no longer see the change on the others.
I'm syncing via dropbox.
If I inspect the Band.js files, the dates and times seem to reflect some sort of change but I don't see any changes in the 1PW application.

1Password Version: 7.6.777-BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Update 2004, latest patches
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Swivel_Eyes!

Which one of these devices (7.6.777-BETA on one PC, 7.4.767 on another PC and 7.5.3 on your Apple devices) is the one that is not seeing the changes?

• Swivel_Eyes
    Swivel_Eyes
    Community Member

Upon further investigation, when I create/delete, for example, a login item, everything appears to be OK and syncs fine across all devices.

The problem is appears to be when I change a tag assigned to an item as follows

Make tag change in 7.4.767-STABLE, don't see change in BETA, only see change on Apple devices after manual sync.
    Make tag change in 7.6.777-BETA, don't see change in STABLE, only see change on Apple devices after manual sync.
    Make change on Apple devices, item previously changed reappears in STABLE but don't see any change in BETA.

Since yesterday, my 777-BETA version is now 778 with this problem persisting.

Is it worth rolling back this beta version to stable ? If, so, how do I get hold of this previous stable version ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Swivel_Eyes:

Thank you for the additional information. So it does seem like only one app is behaving like this. If you force a sync in your 1Password for Windows beta app (for example, by locking and unlocking the app), do you see the changes there too after a moment?

• Swivel_Eyes
    Swivel_Eyes
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana,

No, nothing changes.

But further thoughts. It seems likely that the problem lies with the Apple syncing because I have to do it manually.

If I don't touch Apple after I've made a Win BETA or a Win STABLE change, then these Win versions pickup the un-synced Apple data and thus, appear to be at fault. When (I think) it's the Apple syncing that's probably creating the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Swivel_Eyes:

We can take a closer look for you and see if that's really the case. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can check and see if the problem really lies there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Swivel_Eyes
    Swivel_Eyes
    Community Member

ag_ana,

I don't have a Mac. My Apple devices are iPads.

Is it possible to generate this report on iOS ? If so, can you please advise ...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Swivel_Eyes:

Is it possible to generate this report on iOS ? If so, can you please advise ...

Yes, you will find the instructions to generate a diagnostics report for every platform on that page :+1:

• Swivel_Eyes
    Swivel_Eyes
    Community Member

Report sent, ticket number [#LUY-48431-583]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Swivel_Eyes:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: LUY-48431-583

This discussion has been closed.