Feature Suggestion: Support paste for QR code scanner

Options
BenJetson
BenJetson
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Mac

Hey, 1Password Team!

I understand from reading previous posts that the Mac App Store version of 1Password cannot use screen recording for capturing QR codes due to Apple's policies about accessibility features. Instead, we see a screen like the one shown below that instructs us to "drop your code into this window."

QR code scanner

Would it be possible for this screen to ALSO support pasting an image there from the clipboard? As it presently stands, I have to take screenshots of the code, then open the Finder, find the screenshot file, and drag it into the code window for it to work. This would make the process much easier.

The workflow then for adding 2FA OTP secrets would become to take a screenshot of the QR code to the clipboard (^⌘⇪4), then pasting it into the code window (⌘V).

Apologies if this idea has been proposed before – I couldn't find any similar posts when searching the forum.

Regards,
Ben

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BenJetson!

According to this comment from my colleague tommy, the QR code window should already support pasting. Can you confirm whether that works for you or not?

• BenJetson
    BenJetson
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_ana!

Thanks for digging that up for me. While I could swear that at one time, this wasn't possible, it's certainly working now!

I suppose great minds think alike, and one of your developers already thought of this feature. Really makes adding the MFA codes easier in the app.

Best,
    Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @BenJetson! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.