trying to sync between iphone and pc via dropbox service

i have my 1password app on my iphone syncing with dropbox service, i downloaded the 1password app for windows and tried to sync it with the same dropbox account but it tells me to check if my password is correct or to contact 1password support. and i'm 100% sure that my password is correct, so here i am contacting you guys. please help.

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 pro 64-bit
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox sync

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @momen33! Welcome to the forum!

i downloaded the 1password app for windows and tried to sync it with the same dropbox account but it tells me to check if my password is correct or to contact 1password support.

Do you mean that 1Password tells you to check if the password of your Dropbox account is correct, or if the password for your 1Password data inside Dropbox is correct?

• momen33
    momen33
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

this is an image of the problem pls help

• So this error generally has to do with either something missing in your database itself or an encoding problem with your Master Password. So, to start, if you use any non-Latin characters in your Master Password (umlauts, accents, Cyrillic, etc.), change it to use only Latin characters on another device, then try opening it again.

If that doesn't help, open up the agilekeychain folder itself in Explorer, then open the data folder within that folder and the default folder within data. See if the following files are present:

• 1password.keys
    • .1password.keys
    • encryptionKeys.js

If any of those are missing or you have similar extras that are named differently – for example, with conflict tacked in somewhere – let me know.

This discussion has been closed.