The 1Password extension disappeared from my Safari.

I am confused by what is happening. I had purchased 1Password a few years ago. I use it daily, and it syncs with my iPhone. Now, the extension is gone and I'm not sure how to proceed. My husband stopped upgrading his MAC OS so that he could continue to use 1Password6. I have 2 questions: First, is there a Tech Support line I could call? Second: What are my options going forward as far as a purchase or subscription. It appears my old purchase is not being honored any longer, so I need to choose.
Thank you

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC OS 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not sure

Comments

• Hi @frengie

Generally 1Password licenses are valid for the version of 1Password that they are purchased for, but not major versions released after that point. For example, your 1Password 6 for Mac license is valid for all versions of 1Password 6.x, but would not be valid for the newer 1Password 7.

My husband stopped upgrading his MAC OS so that he could continue to use 1Password6.

That's really not something that we'd recommend. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to use to an earlier version that is your prerogative, but it isn't something we can recommend. That said, licenses never expire, and so you can continue using any version you've licensed for as long as it works for you. Using version 6 should be considered a temporary measure. As things continue to evolve around the now retired v6 it will be less and less practical to continue using it. For example, Safari 13 uses an all new extension framework, and as such will not work with v6.

Now, the extension is gone and I'm not sure how to proceed.

The Safari Extension Gallery, which is what 1Password 6 relied on for working with Safari, has been discontinued. It no longer exists. As such it isn't possible to install the 1Password 6 extension for Safari. If you'd like to continue using 1Password 6, and want to have an extension for it in your web browser, you'd need to use a different web browser (e.g. Firefox or Chrome). That is certainly possible at the moment, but as I mentioned above, as a rule: we wouldn't recommend using retired software.

First, is there a Tech Support line I could call?

We do not offer telephone based support, but we're happy to help either here in this public forum, or via private email.

Second: What are my options going forward as far as a purchase or subscription.

1Password membership (a subscription service) is the way forward. Membership includes access to the latest versions of the 1Password software. I'd encourage you to reach out to our team via email at support@1password.com to discuss the specifics. With your email please include any receipts for 1Password purchases you have. We're happy to work with you to get you on the best path. :)

Ben

• frengie
    frengie
    Community Member

Ben,
    We went ahead and signed up for 1P subscription. My husband set up his, and I joined asa family member. Installed and updated everything. Not the easiest thing to do, some confusing wording on 1P. In any event, I believe I am up and running. So I have 2 questions. 1) When I go to a site requiring a login, I click the 1P extension in my browser. 1P opens up, but not to the appropriate login. See the enclosed screen shot.
    2) I now have multiple vaults. Why? Do I need these and how should the preference be set up. See screen shot. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@frengie:

1) When I go to a site requiring a login, I click the 1P extension in my browser. 1P opens up, but not to the appropriate login.

From your screenshot, I see that 1Password mini is configured to show you all items. If you only want it to show you items for the specific website, change the dropdown menu to Suggestions:

2) I now have multiple vaults. Why?

Because you still kept your old Primary vault inside the 1Password app. Once you migrate to 1Password.com, we recommend removing the old Primary vault to avoid confusion.

The Shared vault is another vault that is created automatically in a Families account so you don't have to manually configure one, but if you don't want it, you can remove that too :+1:

This discussion has been closed.