1Password Mini confused in last couple of betas

Options
hazmat
hazmat
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've been finding in the last couple of betas 1Password getting really confused for autofill purposes in browsers. Like right now if I switch from Safari to Firefox, 1Password mini will recognize the last site I was in in Safari, not the page I'm on in Firefox. And sometimes in either browser it won't recognize the site I'm on at all. In all cases, it seems opening the full 1Password will fix it, but only temporarily.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hazmat!

What version of the 1Password beta are you currently running?

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. 7.6.BETA-4 (70600004). I may have seen the same behavior in Beta 3.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation @hazmat. I have not managed to replicate this yet, but I will keep testing and see if I can find a way to reproduce it :+1:

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ana. Here's a screenshot from what I am experiencing. I switched from Safari, where I have this forum opened, to Firefox and pulled up 1Password mini.

Blurring to protect the innocent.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hazmat:

Thank you for the screenshot! This is what I tried:

1. Opened Safari
    2. Went to the forum website
    3. Confirmed that 1Password was showing the suggestions for the forum
    4. Switched to Firefox
    5. Opened 1Password mini

1Password showed me the suggestions for the website that was currently open in Firefox, so it behaved correctly for me. I wonder if refreshing things will help: can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior even now?

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I did try completely logging out, but no change.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hazmat:

Understood, thank you for the confirmation. I have tested this again on another Mac, and I got the same results there: 1Password mini shows the correct suggestions when I switch browsers.

I just noticed something in your screenshot however: I can't see the 1Password browser extension in your Firefox browser. Without the extension, 1Password won't be able to recognize what page you are on in Firefox, so I wonder if this is why you are seeing this behavior.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

The extension is there. The issue in this particular case is that 1Password updates keep putting the toolbar button back that I remove after each update. ;-) I pull it up with Option-Command-\ or Command-\.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

The fix for getting Firefox's extension to work properly is to open the full 1Password app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Interesting, thank you for the update @hazmat. We will keep an eye out for similar reports and see if we can find a way to reproduce this :+1:

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ana. For what it's worth, I just tried restarting my Mac and it's still doing the same thing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hazmat:

I will reach out to the team and see if someone else is able to reproduce this. I tried it on two different Macs, so I don't have more devices to test this on :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hazmat:

We have tested this a bit more but we still have not been able to reproduce this. The only thing we can think of is if this might be related to an issue about 1Password mini being a bit slow, and so perhaps when you switch browsers it still thinks that your Safari is still active. But we have not managed to confirm this, at this point it's just a suspicion.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, it seems to just be a problem between the two browsers. 1Password mini detects the current app correctly everywhere else after switching away from Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hazmat:

So it's possible that the problem is with your Firefox browser, if switching away to any other app works. What version of the 1Password extension do you have installed there?

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Here you go. I guess this is the issue? If so, interesting the issue just started cropping up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hazmat:

That's the latest version of the extension, which is the same one I used in my testing. I was wondering if you were using something different, but apparently this is not the problem. All we can do at this point is see if we get more reports about this with instructions on how to replicate this consistently.

Thank you for your collaboration so far :+1:

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, ok. No problem! Hopefully more data pops up for this. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.