AWS console account id being replaced with one-time password

124»

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @gator2003 ,

Please look at the previous replies here in this discussion, there are manual solutions for both PC and Mac when using the regular companion extension and not 1Password X.

• hahmed
    hahmed
    Community Member

Hi Guys,

I am having this problem in Chrome for 1Password extension (desktop app required) version 4.7.5.90

The work around fixes the account id field population but breaks the auto one-time password population in the next step.

Will there be a fix for the non X version? Or am I doing something wrong?

• Hi @hahmed. The Brain fix will eventually reach the desktop clients, as well. It should be available in the 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows betas, as well, so it shouldn't be too long until those reach the general population. :smile:

• amuresia
    amuresia
    Community Member

Has this been addressed? For me it's still broken on Safari.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @amuresia ,
    Please try this workaround, as it should work properly for now: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/554939/#Comment_554939

Let us know if the workaround is not working for you, and provide us with a screenshot of how your login item looks like (after censoring out all of your private information from it).

• abo1787
    abo1787
    Community Member

I seem to be unable to get 1password to fill my AWS console page's account ID. I use a name instead of digits. Idk if that matters. But I'm on ubuntu with chrome Version 91.0.4472.164 (Official Build) (64-bit) as of right now, and the 1password chrome webstore extension installed (I can't tell for certain if this is 1password x or 1password ... I think it's the x version ...)

I tried adding via the comment just above this one and it's not working. When I open the page 1password doesn't even seem to recognize the "Account ID (12 digits) or account alias" field is on the page. I added my account to the 1password entry, and put in my alias ... does this only work for account numbers. I'm on version 2.0.5 if that helps.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2021

@abo1787:

I see an open issue here with something very similar, and I wonder if it is the same scenario that you are encountering. For confirmation, this is happening to you after clicking on the "IAM user" option, correct?

ref: dev/core/core#2843

• abo1787
    abo1787
    Community Member

I was actually having the issue on the page that contains all 3 fields. But it's doing it there too lol. So I guess so.

I can't get 1password to recognize that field in either place. I currently have the "account" and the account alias in my 1password saved as instructed above. But if those are 2 different things, I first found it on the 3 field console page (alias / account id, username, password) But the other one does the same.

• @abo1787

You're right, if you autofill the account ID or account alias on the first page it breaks autofilling on the subsequent page. If you use the drag and drop feature to autofill the account ID or alias on the first page and then use 1Password to autofill on the page that contains all three fields, it works. To illustrate I've included a short recording of the steps I took to save a new Login item on Amazon AWS as an IAM user and then autofilling using 1Password. You can access the recording here: https://cln.sh/CGwDB8

Can you try to replicate these steps with your credentials and let me know if you're able to autofill the fields as suggested?

This discussion has been closed.