Mini and Suggestions in 1Password 7.6

alexclst
alexclst
Community Member

I just updated 1Password with today’s 7.6 update. I noticed in the release notes a note about 1P Mini now suggesting based on app:// URLs. This is a great idea I’, generally all for, but I’m seeing an issue with how it is currently implemented. If an app (say, Finder) does not have any logins Mini still comes up with the Suggestions, but the list is empty. In such a situation, where the app I’m in has no items in 1Password, I’d prefer that it fall back to showing All Items. Yes, I’d still likely be searching for what I’m looking for, so this doesn’t functionally change the behavior, but it is more friendly to not see a nearly blank Mini in the meantime.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: same (I use Safari)
OS Version: 10.15.5 (19F101)
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion @alexclst. I can talk to the team to see if they'd be willing to consider defaulting to 'All Items' instead of showing a blank listing when there are no results for a non-browser app.

Ben

• beny
    beny
    Community Member

I have the same problem, now almost in every app this list is empty for me. I like the Suggestions for web so I don't want to change it by default. But I would rather see Favorites when there is no results for default so there could be some similar settings like in Settings → Mini → "Open 1Password to". Something like "Fallback results" and there I could specify All Items or Favorites.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in on this as well @beny, noted :+1:

This discussion has been closed.