1Password 7 in Windows not closing Background processes

icmc
icmc
Community Member

Hi all
When I start using 1Password for the day the first few times it will work when i open it in the chrome browser. After some time it will stop opening. I had this on my previous laptop some 3 - weeks ago and couldn't figure out what happened and didn't care as my new laptop was on its way. No the problem is the same on the new laptop and i found what is happening but do not have a solution for it. Looking in Task manager i see under the background processes I password for windows desktop open 6-8 times. when i then end those tasks I can use password again until it is too often in the task manager.
Is this an update that MS did or a problem with 1Password

Thx
Ian

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @icmc,

Thank you for reporting this!

First of all, could you please tell me if you are using any kind of AV/anti-malware software on your new laptop? If you do, please specify its name and version.

Additionally, please reproduce this issue and create a Diagnostics Report from your laptop, where you see this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• icmc
    icmc
    Community Member

Hi Greg

Thx for taking time to reply to my msg.
    Would you believe it?
    You couldn't write this up. It has stopped when a MS update (major seemingly) was installed and now it works fine again. The 1Password 7 is in Background processes. When I open it now in chrome again it will start up, go into Apps and out of background and once closed go back into background. So I imho would say this was a MS error and is now solved.

Hope for the best and once again thx for the fast reply and help offered.

Thx
    Ian

• I would actually guess you had updates pending at the time you were seeing this issue, @icmc, because that we at least could write up. I can't tell you why this happens, but pending updates have this tendency to cause all sorts of strange behavior and not just in 1Password. Certain apps I have just frequently – though not always – start doing strange things when I've got a Windows Update ready to install. Not something we can explain (or at least, I can't), but something we've seen enough to know it's a possibility when nothing else jumps out.

Regardless, I'm glad that all is well. Enjoy and if we can do anything more to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.