9 yrs of backups on Mac. What can I delete? and I'm using v6, do I need the v4 folder?

Options

I've been using 1Password since 2011 and have backups approaching 1GB on my Mac. What files can I delete? Also, my backups are in my "1Password 4" folder for some reason. If I can, how do I move the Backups folder under my "1Password 6.app" folder, or elsewhere, and delete the rest of the files that are in the 1Password 4 folder?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud and local
Referrer: forum-search:backup delete

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kendo,

I'd be happy to help with that.

I've been using 1Password since 2011 and have backups approaching 1GB on my Mac. What files can I delete?

1Password makes and keeps backups: once per day going back 30 days, also once per month going back 2 years. They're safe to delete, however 1Password will continue making new backups according to the aformentioned rules.

Also, my backups are in my "1Password 4" folder for some reason.

1Password 6 stores its data in a folder called "1Password 4." This is intentional.

If I can, how do I move the Backups folder under my "1Password 6.app" folder, or elsewhere, and delete the rest of the files that are in the 1Password 4 folder?

Doing so would break 1Password. Please do not attempt to move, rename, or delete any of these files / folders (except the backup files we discussed).

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kendo
    kendo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Ben, you've cleared it up perfectly for me.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.