move records to different category

amorylovins
amorylovins
Community Member

I just imported many hundreds of records from SplashID 5.4 and 8.2.0.962 into 1Password 7.5 under Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave). Scores of items entered in ridiculous categories; for example, 1Password now shows 15 records in Driver's License, only one of which belongs there; 77 logins as Secure Notes; four insurance items as Memberships; and 22 Software Licenses that are actually camera or other device serial numbers. My understanding from other Forum entries is that in order to put these misplaced items in the correct category, I must now copy each line of each record into a new one in that new category, because you offer no simpler method. If that's correct, I may need to look for another product, good though yours is in other respects. Is there any workaround, e.g. through export/import or vault, that a 1Password newbie could safely use?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:move record to different category

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @amorylovins! Welcome to the forum!

It is currently not possible to move items from one category to the other, but there are things you can do to make sure that the items are imported to the correct category in the first place. If your import file is in CSV format, for example, you can make sure it follows the structure in this documentation page, and the items will be imported in the respective category.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@amorylovins:

Also, somewhere on your site I found (but can't find again) some useful hints on how to pin a record to make it easier to copy line-by-line into a new record created in the category it belongs in. Could you please point me to any such advice?

I think you might be referring to this section in our documentation:

To open an item in a separate window that floats on top of other windows, click Pin on Screen.

Is this what you were looking for?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@amorylovins:

Sorry, I am not following. In your previous post you asked this:

Also, somewhere on your site I found (but can't find again) some useful hints on how to pin a record to make it easier to copy line-by-line into a new record created in the category it belongs in. Could you please point me to any such advice? Thanks -- ABL

So I pointed you to the documentation page on how to pin a record. Is this not what you asked about?

I was looking for a fuller explanation in your reply to someone else in a different thread

Can you point me to this different thread?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@amorylovins

I would love to do that, but I am afraid I would need some more context. As of right now, I have more than 10 thousand replies in this forum, so I apologize, but it's difficult for me to remember every single post and their URLs :/

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you! And absolutely, we will do our best. Thank you again for the feedback :+1:

This discussion has been closed.