1Password disappears from the toolbar using a script to get artwork

Jazzyguy
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I have a script in my iTunes (latest version) to get artwork from Google for my CDs. If I run the script without launching Google I get an empty space where 1Password is usually located in my tool bar.If I launch Safari first and then the script the 1Password icon is in the toolbar. Is this a bug in 1Password,Safari,or the script?

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Without seeing the script I couldn't say if this is a bug or not. Certainly we'd expect that 1Password would load if Safari is launched but you've stated that it does normally do that so I don't know what might be causing the 1P button to not appear in your case. If you wish to share it with us we can investigate it further. If you don't want to share it with the world then please email it to us at support@agile.ws using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.
  • Jazzyguy
    edited December 1969
    It only does it with my G5 and my G4 PPC Macs. It doesn't do it using the same script in iTunes using my Intel Macs which are the MacbookPro and the MacBookAir. I can live with it as if I lunch Safari first the button is there. If I launch Safari using the script on the PPC Macs the buuton is replaced by a blank area. It is my custom to launch Safari before launching iTunes so I can live with it. I got the script from Dougs iTunes Scripts years ago. Probably about 6 or 7 year ago. But it has served me well to launch Google for artwork for my CDs.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    If it is limited to only your PPC-based Macs that means it's probably something that could be very difficult to reproduce or find. It sounds like since there is *something* showing up that 1Password has tried what it can to place its button icon in the toolbar but that Safari (or some other extension) has blocked it in that particular sequence of events.
This discussion has been closed.