Latest update problems about and nagware screen

Options
Lynn
Lynn
Community Member

Mac OS 15.5.5. Stand alone license. Half the time the safari web button doesn' launch, a nagware screen comes up like I don't have a valid license every time I launch the application. .
Yahoo mail login is broken and I have to copy and paste every time to access the account. This has been ongoing.
Sad
I couldnt even login to the forums without resetting my password and 1Password didn't prompt me to save the new password to an exsitng login that I have. So who knows what happens next.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 15.5.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lynn

I'm sorry for the trouble. The App Store version of 1Password is subscription only. It does not work with licenses. This will also prevent the browser extension from working. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• Lynn
    Lynn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I finally realized what happened. I have a license. I have an iMac running Mojave and MBA on Catalina. I did not see anything about doing a manual upgrade until I trashed the app (on MBA), re-installed and then checked for update. There is was! The instructions indicating– "Download from agile website to install 7.6" I wondered what was going on with all the passwords being "Read Only" LOL
    Good product. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lynn:

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome! I am glad to hear things are working as expected again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.