Setting up Dropbox sync on a new iPad

Doug in Alaska
Doug in Alaska
Community Member
I have been using 1Password for several years and have it installed on my iMac and also the Windows version on a Dell laptop. It works great using Dropbox. My wife bought a iPad for me as a Christmas gift. I purchased 1Password for the iPad this morning and have followed the instruction for setting up the iPad but I'm having some problems. When I open 1Password on the iPad, the setup screen opens and I'm given a choice of 'New Database' or 'Sync Existing'. I don't see an option to use Dropbox. If I choose 'Sync Existing', it gives my the sync with my Mac over WiFi option which isn't what I want to do. What am I doing wrong?

I have Dropbox on the iPad and can see the 1Password files on the iPad in Dropbox.

Thanks

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2011
    Hey Doug

Long time no see, hope you had a good holiday (s)

Please choose create database and give it a Master Password etc. Once this is done open the database and go to settings etc etc etc and you will see the sync with Dropbox options.

This iPad can have a separate password from you master password which is used on the Mac. it can also have the same one.

Its a little confusing.
  • Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member
    Awesome, worked like a charm. Thanks much for your help!

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    On behalf of Tommy, you are quite welcome. :)

Merry Christmas to you!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Dang Doug,

I would swear I replied back to you. Maybe it was to much eggnog and a 1yr and a 2yr on my lap that day. Sorry about that. I am still scratching my head as I know I replied.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    LOL :P
  • Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member
    New Years Eve - a great excuse for more eggnog! I won't ask another question until after January 1. (giggle)
This discussion has been closed.