Can I stop 1P from CONSTANTLY requesting my master pwd???

I'm on a 1P trial, coming from another pwd manager. All the 1P features are fine except one massive show-stopper: I have to enter the master pwd WAY too many times. Like, several times a day, sometimes several times an hour. Can I control that?? If not, I'll have to leave.

The irony is that the more often I have to enter the master pwd, the less likely that I'll make it really secure.

Note that my question isn't "Why is this necessary," so don't bother answering that. :) I understand the sliding scale of burden vs security. But for me the UX must still be tolerable, and this is not. So: is this how it's supposed to work, and can I stop it?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.15.5
Sync Type: huh?
Referrer: forum-search:too many login requests

Comments

• Hi @deBronkart

Thanks for giving 1Password a try. I hope we can get over this hiccup and things will be smooth sailing afterwards. There is some flexibility in how often / under what circumstances 1Password locks. Adjusting your auto-lock settings may help alleviate this for you. We have a guide that outlines each of the related settings, here:

How to set 1Password to lock automatically

Please give that a try and let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• deBronkart
    deBronkart
    Community Member

Imagine how annoying it was, then, to discover I had to create ANOTHER login to get support here! I'm like, what the heck you guys! Can you seriously not create a subdomain, support.1password.com??

Anyway thanks for the quick response, and it looks like that should help. If not, I'll be back. Thanks again.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

@deBronkart: I dunno why @Ben didn't mention it—likely due to 1P's policy against promising future features in the here and now—but search the Forum for "Desktop Integration" and see whether that would serve to alleviate your having to enter multiple MPs daily/hourly. If so, it may be worth the wait for the feature to make it into the production version of 1P or you could run beta versions with the feature (more or less) enabled until it does. Good luck whichever way you go.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@deBronkart:

Imagine how annoying it was, then, to discover I had to create ANOTHER login to get support here! I'm like, what the heck you guys! Can you seriously not create a subdomain, support.1password.com??

Indeed, we have that subdomain already: https://support.1password.com/

You can reach out to us directly from there without having to sign up for the discussion forum if you don't want to. Alternatively, you can also always reach out to us via email at support@1password.com ;)

Anyway thanks for the quick response, and it looks like that should help. If not, I'll be back. Thanks again.

Understood, let us know if there is anything we can do to help :)

This discussion has been closed.