How to Shift one entry from my primary account to my family account

szcomp
szcomp
Community Member

I have many entries in my iPad created and could not see them in my other devices like my iPhone because by accident I created them in my primary account on the iPad. Now i can modify the entry and change all components / except the setting for the primary account .... how can i change that? Thanks for any hint. Sergio

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 13.5.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How to Shift one entry from my primary account to my family account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @szcomp! Welcome to the forum!

Now i can modify the entry and change all components / except the setting for the primary account

Can you please clarify this? What do you mean by "change all components" and "setting for the primary account"?

• szcomp
    szcomp
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, it seems I have 2 different accounts. One is synchronizing with my cloud (and contains a private and a Family section) and the other one is synchronized with my Dropbox. Once I have created an entry with my Dropbox account I can not re-direct it to my cloud account.

Is there a trick how to change the account?

Thanks for your advise!

Sergio

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@szcomp:

Thank you for the clarification! If you are using a Families account, we recommend removing the Primary vault since sync happens automatically through your 1Password account, and a Primary vault is not necessary anymore.

In your case, on the device where you are seeing your Dropbox vault, you should add your 1Password account to the app. Once you have done that, you can move everything inside from Primary vault to your Families vault, so it appears on every device.

Once you have moved everything you need, you should remove the Primary vault from your device, and continue using your Families account, which will keep all your data in sync automatically ;)

This discussion has been closed.