I have issues adding a new vault

Options
vankram
vankram
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Mac

Hi guys,
I have tried adding additional Valuts to my account, but this seems not to work. I tried on the desktop app on my Mac as well as on the iPhone without success. My account already has two vaults, and I need a third one, but I cannot add it. I tried with filling a simple vault name, adding a description, but I had no success.
Where am I doing the wrong thing?
Thank you
Nicola

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 70500002
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Issues in adding a new valut

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vankram! Welcome to the forum!

but this seems not to work.
    but I cannot add it.
    but I had no success.

Can you elaborate? What happens when you try to add a new vault? Do you get an error message? If so, what does the error message say?

I tried on the desktop app on my Mac as well as on the iPhone without success.

Are you able to add the vault directly on the 1Password.com website?

• vankram
    vankram
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,
    thank you for having answered to me.

So I tried with the website, and there I have found all the vault I created previously on the Mac and the iPhone. The vaults become visible to the apps only when they were marked "safe for travel" with the plane icon.
    The issue is now "solved" in the sense that once I add a vault on the website I can then find it through the apps as well once flagged as mentioned above. However, if I add a vault from the apps I still do not see them till I don't perform the above on the website.

Is this normal behavior, or is there an issue on my account?

Thank you
    Nicola

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vankram:

The vaults become visible to the apps only when they were marked "safe for travel" with the plane icon.

This means that you have Travel Mode enabled in your account:

Use Travel Mode to remove vaults from your devices when you travel

Is this normal behavior, or is there an issue on my account?

What you are describing is the correct behavior with Travel Mode enabled, but this mode is usually not left enabled all the time. If you are not traveling, you might want to consider disabling Travel Mode, and the vaults will appear automatically everywhere. Just so I understand your configuration correctly: is there a reason why you currently have Travel Mode enabled?

• vankram
    vankram
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much. Actually I do not remember why I activated it... thank you again for your help I have now deactivated it.
    Cheers
    Nicola

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @vankram! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.