1P login access not showing on mac desktop"

BenBob
BenBob
Community Member

This problem just started. Have a new MacBook Air and all has been working fine for the last month but today a strange issue is occurring and I can not find a solution.
When I am on my desktop only, clicking on my 1P app shows no logins at all. If I open my mail program and then click my app, it shows 1 login available. If I open either Safari or Chrome and click the app then all logins show. In all cases if I click the settings on 1P and then the drop down to "open 1P" it opens and shows all logins etc.

1Password Version: 1P 7
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: OS 10.15.5
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BenBob!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see all your items again now?

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Thanks Anna - I tried that before as well as rebooting and it didn't work. Just tried again with same result. See attachments.

Ben

[Personal information removed by moderator]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@BenBob:

Thank you for the screenshots, they were very useful! Look at the dropdown menu when you click on the 1Password icon: it's currently trying to show you logins for the app that you have opened. Try switching the dropdown menu to "All Items", for example, and you should see all your logins ;)

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Thank you Anna but I'm still confused. I do not see what you are talking about - there are no apps open and when on desk top I see nothing. When email is open and I see the link for "Azamara" but there is no app called "Azamara" - it is just a website login and I am not logged in at that site. See additional attached screen shots.

Ben

• Hey @BenBob

Could you please let us know what is in the website field(s) on the Azamara login item in 1Password?

Ben

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

https://www.azamara.com/account/signin

For further information - I went to the site and tried to sign in and it was telling me I had the wrong password (which of course was incorrect because I use 1Password!). Anyway I reset the password and deleted Azamara from my passwords, then signed in again and re-added it to 1P and now it does not show up when I have my mail program open - it looks the same as when I am on my desktop. See screen shots agin.

Thanks

Ben

• Thanks Ben. That now looks as I'd expect.

Ben

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member

So any idea what the problem is?

• @BenBob,

I'm not seeing a problem? As I say that now appears to show what it should show.

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@BenBob:

Thank you Anna but I'm still confused. I do not see what you are talking about - there are no apps open and when on desk top I see nothing.

To clarify a bit more, I have marked one of your screenshots:

You say that no apps are open, but if you look at the leftmost arrow in this screenshot, you will see that the Finder app is open. In other screenshots that you had posted, you had the Mail app open, for example.

If you now look at the second arrow, it will show you the dropdown I was referring to: you can see that the dropdown is set to show suggestions for the Finder. But because you don't have any logins in the 1Password app for the Finder, the list is empty. You can click on that dropdown menu and choose what 1Password mini should show you.

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member

Ben & Anna - Anna's response now has me straightened out. Guess I didn't understand the previous discussion about the drop down menu. All I had to do was change the dropdown to "logins" or whatever to get it to display what I had been used to. I have no idea how the dropdown changed to "finder" or "mail app." All is now normal. I finally got it!

Thanks so much for all the help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @BenBob! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.