I put some passwords in 1Password. Now I want to import from Chrome. What if there are conflicts?

Options
PegW
PegW
Community Member

I'm a new user. To get used to 1Password I've had it save five or ten passwords. Now I'm ready to import the rest from two different browsers. I'm sure I'll have duplicates. What happens with duplicates?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I put some passwords in 1Password. Now I want to import from Chrome. What if there are conflicts?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PegW! Welcome to the forum!

Duplicates will remain in your list until you remove them, for safety: 1Password will not delete them without your confirmation.

• PegW
    PegW
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I better stop creating new ones myself until I import or I'll have a lot to delete :).
    Seriously, thank you for your very quick reply! This forum was mentioned in reviews and is one of the reasons I chose 1Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PegW:

Thank you! I better stop creating new ones myself until I import or I'll have a lot to delete :)

Agreed! Although you should know that we have a duplicate removal tool in 1Password for Mac (which you can find under the Help menu > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items), so it's there if you need it. Although if you don't need to use it, even better :)

This forum was mentioned in reviews and is one of the reasons I chose 1Password.

That is great to hear! And you are very welcome.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.