Clean up this very long notice

Options
camtech
camtech
Community Member

This is a very minor annoyance:

"Touch ID is unavailable when the lid of your MacBook is closed. Enter your Master Password to unlock 1Password."

This is an incredibly long sentence for a very simple concept (Touch ID not available).
It seems a little inconsistent with the rest of the very clean UI.

Surely this can be shortened, it literally almost doubles the size of the 1Password mini unlock window when it is shown. :lol:

Here are some shortened alternatives:
"Touch ID is unavailable when the lid of your MacBook is closed. Enter your Master Password to unlock."
"Touch ID is unavailable when the lid of your MacBook is closed."
"Touch ID is unavailable."

Or better yet maybe an icon indicating no Touch ID available, perhaps a finger print with a diagonal line through it would be universal enough. It could even have a hover tooltip explaining "Touch ID is unavailable when the lid of your MacBook is closed."

You may even be able to use the existing flow where the Touch ID button is displayed when available, but have it visually disabled indicating that it exists, but is unavailable. Again, with more detail shown on hover or click.

I'm on beta, but I believe this appears in the GA version as well.

1Password Version: 7.6.1.BETA-0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.0 Beta 2
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• camtech
    camtech
    Community Member
    Options

I meant to post this in Mac Beta, but I think it still applies here as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @camtech!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! I don't believe we currently have plans to change the wording there, so I cannot make any promises, but I will discuss this with the team :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

• camtech
    camtech
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana!

It's super minor, it just looked like low-hanging fruit for improvement!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @camtech. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.