Chome extension stopped working

mikesoneill99
mikesoneill99
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Mac

Chome extension stopped working out of nowhere. Google Chrome is up to date Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit). 1Password 7.5.
Tried removing and reinstalling the extension. No good. Can you suggest a password program that is less buggie?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: extensions have versions?
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: ? Why don't I know what this is?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Hi @mikesoneill99!

Extension Version: extensions have versions?

Yes, all extension do :) For example, the latest version of the 1Password browser extension for Chrome is 4.7.5.90:

Chome extension stopped working out of nowhere.

Can you elaborate? What happens exactly? Does it not fill your credentials on websites anymore? Or does it not open at all?

Can you suggest a password program that is less buggie?

We believe 1Password is the best, so while we cannot recommend competitor products, we will be more than happy to help you get 1Password working again for you!

• jasondecamp
    jasondecamp
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

I am also having this issue:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.6 (70600006)
    Mac App Store
    Extension: 4.7.5.90
    Chrome: Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

The symptoms are:

• the extension does not open from the OS menu bar icon, instead prompting me to "install the browser extension", even though it is already installed.

• the chrome taskbar icon similarly does not open anything useful, instead directing to the 1password website

• the extension menu icon in the context menu when right clicking on an input field also does nothing
    • Lastly, when looking at the 1password extension in the chrome extensions list it flashes white and grey at an interval like a heartbeat like it's trying to sync data and failing or something.

I have already tried restarting chrome, removing the extension and reinstalling it, and neither of these two actions changed anything.

• Hey @jasondecamp

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting the extension and 1Password to "talk." Have you tried restarting your Mac? If you've already done so, and things still aren't working as expected, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/565502/#Comment_565502
    • Your forum username: jasondecamp

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• jasondecamp
    jasondecamp
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

Full system restart appears to have fixed the issue. Thanks!

• That's great news, @jasondecamp. Thanks for sharing. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.