Browser extension version does not match application version

Using Chrome 16 on a mac and the 1Password version number in the extensions tab is "3.8.9.38999". It looks like the latest version is "3.8.13". I know the extension in Chrome is supposed to autoupdate but it seems I'm a few revisions back. I enabled developer mode and tried to manually update the extension and it did not work. Is it possible that "3.8.10" and later versions are not for Chrome users or is there an issue?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey seasub,

Thanks for asking about this. It is a very good question. So good, in fact, that we have written up a response in the User Guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/version_number_differences.html

The short answer is that since the extensions are updated independently from the main application, they have their own version numbers and will almost never match the version of the main application. See the aforelinked section of the User Guide for more details if you are interested. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • seasub
    seasub
    Community Member
    edited December 2011
    khad wrote:

Hey seasub,

Thanks for asking about this. It is a very good question. So good, in fact, that we have written up a response in the User Guide:

http://help.agilebit...ifferences.html

The short answer is that since the extensions are updated independently from the main application, they have their own version numbers and will almost never match the version of the main application. See the aforelinked section of the User Guide for more details if you are interested. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

Thanks so much for your response. I love your software BTW - has made my life online so much easier :-).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It is my pleasure to help. Thanks for the kind words about 1Password. I will be sure to share them with the rest of the team. :D

Happy New Year!
This discussion has been closed.