How do I enable 1Password app?

Gnarlodious
Gnarlodious
Community Member

I made the mistake of updating the 1Password app but now all I see is this:

How do I make it show the actual stuff I want to see? Like the previous version did?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gnarlodious!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same empty section?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gnarlodious:

If you open the Applications folder on your Mac, how many copies of the 1Password app do you see there?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gnarlodious:

Thank you for the confirmation! There is something wrong in your 1Password configuration then, but we will be happy to help you figure out where things went wrong for you. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

In your email, I think it will also be useful if you could clarify this point you mentioned in passing:

I made the mistake of updating the 1Password app

It would be great if you could elaborate with details such as when you updated exactly, what version of the 1Password app you were running before the update, and what version of the 1Password app you updated to.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@Gnarlodious:

Apparently support doesn't work until Monday.

That is not the case: we work in the weekend too, but of course with a few less people. Indeed, I replied to you several times yesterday, which was on a Saturday ;)

We reply to emails in the order we receive them though, so someone will be with you as soon as possible :+1:

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

@Gnarlodious One major change going from 10.13 (High Sierra) to 10.15 (Catalina) is that 32-bit applications are no longer supported. If you have 32-bit software that you need to run, you could always either drop back to 10.13 or got to 10.14 (Mojave) which only nags you about 32-bit apps but will still run them. Another potential change centers on the nuts and bolts of the file system, but that shouldn't really affect applications.

• My colleague Zak is working with you via email to try and figure out what happened here, and more importantly how to move forward. He'll be in touch via email as soon as further information is available. I apologize for the delay in resolution, but this appears to be a complex issue possibly in part due to syncing your 1Password data through an unsupported method. We'll do everything in our power to get you back up and running but you may need to adjust your setup in order to avoid issues like this in the future. Either way, we'll be able to work that out via email. Thanks.

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gnarlodious:

I have merged your new discussion with the previous one you opened since I see that you are reporting the same behavior that you mentioned in your first post. I see that my colleagues have helped you via email and sent you some suggestions, and you said you were going to try them later. If you haven't done so already, please go through the suggestions and if you still see this behavior, please reply to the last email you received to continue the conversation :+1:

ref: WFE-49745-317

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gnarlodious:

I have to kindly ask you to stop contacting us in multiple places with the same questions, as doing so slows down support times for everybody (including you). Since you have been emailing us already, please continue the conversation over there :+1:

Thank you for your cooperation.

This discussion has been closed.