Reinvite wife to shared account

phillykyle
phillykyle
Community Member

I'm having a hard time re-inviting my wife to a shared vault. She previously, on her phone, logged in as me and had access to both of our private vaults.

I'll confess that cleaning up how we manage our vaults has been a bit difficult but I think I've made some progress. Currently, I've logged her out of my account on her phone so that has been resolved.

Currently, on her phone, she has access to a vault called "Personal" but no access to our shard vault. I have access to two vaults "Private" and "Shared". From 1password.com I've tried to re-invite her, but I can't. I've tried to re-invite her following these instructions https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/351820#Comment_351820 but it says she's already invited.

My best guess, based on the fact that she has a vault titled "Personal" and I have a vault titled "Private" is that she inadvertently created a personal account with 1Password. But, that's only a guess and I need some help advancing this.

Many thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:consolidate accounts

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @phillykyle! Welcome to the forum!

My best guess, based on the fact that she has a vault titled "Personal" and I have a vault titled "Private" is that she inadvertently created a personal account with 1Password.

I believe you have found the cause of the problem here: from what you wrote, I agree that it sounds like she created her separate 1Password account instead of using your invitation to your existing 1Password account.

Has she added data to her personal account already? If she has not, she can just log out from the wrong account and login to the right one. Otherwise, she will have to move her existing data first, but that will be possible too.

• phillykyle
    phillykyle
    Community Member

That helps and thanks for the welcome @ag_ana.

• She has only a few entries in her "Personal" account. She has removed those
    • Her personal account is linked to the same email address that I would invite her to for our family account.

Does she need to "close" her Personal account first, then get re-invited to our family account?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@philliplyle:

Does she need to "close" her Personal account first, then get re-invited to our family account?

No, that is not necessary: those accounts are completely separate. I recommend she logs into her Families account and check if things look ok inside the 1Password app at that point. If they do, we can then remove the other account from the app.

Does she have a copy of her Emergency Kit from her Families account, so she has her Secret Key and Master Password to login?

• phillykyle
    phillykyle
    Community Member

This might have been the issue - she may have used my Emergency Kit. We have used the same Secret Key and Master Password.

• phillykyle
    phillykyle
    Community Member

Sorry, I should have asked a question - does she need her own secret key and master password?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@philliplyle:

Sorry, I should have asked a question - does she need her own secret key and master password?

Yes, otherwise she would be logging in to your account. If she has lost these credentials, you can help her recover her account though:

Recover accounts for family or team members

At the end of the recovery procedure, she will have a new Emergency Kit with a new Secret Key and Master Password. She can then use her own credentials to login to her 1Password app ;)

This discussion has been closed.