I have a new Mac and a new iPhone and finding that my Mac is not syncing with iPhone or iPad.

Options
ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
Community Member

New mac not syncing with new iPhone and older iPad. Don't remember how to set up sync. I have used Dropbox for years to sync. Would it be better to use iCloud to sync? I have have the family iPW membership

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ivj2Rap2Kusj8t!

If you have been using Dropbox sync for years, there is no need to switch to iCloud unless you have reasons to do it. To configure Dropbox sync again, please see this article:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

• ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I'll try that.
    Could you also review how to sync with my 1 PW membership?
    Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ivj2Rap2Kusj8t:

If you have a 1Password membership, that is the only sync method we recommend using: with a 1Password account sync is automatic, so you would not need Dropbox anymore.

If you want to sync your data with a 1Password membership, all you need to do is add your 1Password account to the 1Password app on every device where you use 1Password ;)

• ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    Community Member
    Options

OK, so I added the 1PW account to the 1PW app. I see my 1PW account on my iPhone. But under Primary Vault it still shows Dropbox for Sync Service. Is it syncing with both? Should I delete the primary vault? (And that won't delete my data, right?)

• Ben
    Options

The Primary vault would not be syncing with your 1Password account. It would be syncing with Dropbox only. The recommended path would be to make sure the data from your Primary vault has been successfully migrated to account-based vaults (you can check by logging in at https://my.1password.com/ and seeing if you see all of your data there). Once you're sure all of your data is available at my.1password.com you should delete the Primary vault.

Ben

• ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for that information.
    No, the data from the Primary vault has not been migrated to my.1password.com.
    How can I accomplish that?
    Thanks,
    David

• Ben
    Options

@ivj2Rap2Kusj8t

In 1Password for Mac please use the vault switcher in the upper left of the app to switch to the Personal vault (not Primary), and then select Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account. That should do the trick. :) Please let me know.

Ben

• ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    Community Member
    Options

OK, so I have done that, migrated to the online 1PW. If I add a password to my Mac 1PW it syncs now with my iPhone 1PW. But it looks like the reverse is not the case. If I add a password on my iPhone it is not showing on my mac.
    On my iPhone, Primary Vault Sync Service is still Dropbox. Should I delete that vault?

Thanks,
    David

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ivj2Rap2Kusj8t:

On my iPhone, Primary Vault Sync Service is still Dropbox. Should I delete that vault?

Yes, once you migrate data to a 1Password account, you should remove the Primary vault from the app to avoid this from happening. It sounds like your new logins are still being saved inside your Primary vault instead of inside your 1Password account.

• ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    Community Member
    Options

That worked, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @ivj2Rap2Kusj8t! I am glad to hear that :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.