Force sync passwords on Mac?

Rainforest
Rainforest
Community Member

I've been waiting for 10 minutes for my passwords to sync from another device on my Mac. Is there a way to force sync passwords, like there is on the iOS app?

An image if you're curious

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Rainforest
    Rainforest
    Community Member

14 minutes and counting... this is ridiculous

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rainforest! Welcome to the forum!

You can lock and unlock 1Password to force a sync ;)

• Rainforest
    Rainforest
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

@ag_ana Amazing! It was at 23 minutes when I tried your suggestion and it worked. Thanks a lot. A dedicated button like in the iOS app would be cool, though.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Rainforest:

Thank you for the feedback. And you are welcome, I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Rainforest
    Rainforest
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

@ag_ana Hey, I wanted to say that that method doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. Yesterday I tried to lock and unlock 1Password manually, tried quitting and re-opening 1Password... nothing could force a re-sync. I was around 1 hour behind sync at this point but it just wouldn't budge. Any ideas about that?

I really think a more explicit "sync now" button would be super cool, just like on the iOS app. Would help with discovery, too!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Rainforest:

Let's take a closer look and see if we spot anything in the logs. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Rainforest
    Rainforest
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

It seems like it runs into an error:

It still generates files though so I could send that. Are there any in particular, or do I have to send the whole thing? Here are some screenshots btw:

Based off of these screenshots, I could try anything you'd like me to. I've been having an issue where 1Password mini doesn't show up about half the time when I trigger it using its shortcut.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Rainforest:

If the files have been generated, then the diagnostics report tool worked. You can send us the zip file with the entire report :+1:

This discussion has been closed.