Slow login with Catalina and 1Password7

Options
albertoc
albertoc
Community Member

I have a MacBook Pro 13' 2019 runnning Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5. I have 1Password7 version 7.6. When I turn on my Mac the process is very slow: I noticed that the first icons on the menu bar (spotlightm user, tine, battery, wi-fi...) show up normally ... until it is the turn of the iPassword icon : it seems as if it process stops there and it takes a couple of minutes for the 1Password icon to show up. I'm not a computer expert, but my guess is that 1Password is the culprit slowing down the log in. Any suggestion?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.5.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @albertoc!

until it is the turn of the iPassword icon : it seems as if it process stops there and it takes a couple of minutes for the 1Password icon to show up.

It could also be something else that is interfering with 1Password and making it slow to start. When this happens, are you able to open the main 1Password app from your Applications folder?

• albertoc
    albertoc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi an thanks for the quick reply. When the log in procedure stalls, if I try to open the 1Password app by double-clicking on it, it also takes a long time to open, it keeps jumping up and down when I click on it in the dock.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@albertoc:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• albertoc
    albertoc
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the ticket number:

[#QZI-87374-437]

• Ben
    Options

Thank you! We'll be in touch via email with further. :)

Ben

ref: QZI-87374-437

This discussion has been closed.