Where is the "Start Syncing" button on 1password.com?

Timpki
Timpki
Community Member

Upgraded from old 1PW on all 7 of my devices to Families plan by mistake; I am the only user. Fixed that, it was easy: kept to version 7 but now Individual plan. But syncing thru 1password.com (not dropbox anymore) is not starting. How do I "push Start"? (All devices use the same single master PW as they did before and have no trouble logging in, but their data items don't agree with each other. Some have massive duplicates or near-duplicates. They need to sync. And the data set on 1password.com is the best, it should be the master, at least once, and push out to all other devices.)
~ Timpki

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:Where's the "Start Syncing" button on 1password.com (push items to all my devices)?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Timpki!

There isn't a "start sync" button with 1Password.com because sync happens automatically when you use 1Password.com ;) Have you actually logged into your 1Password account inside the 1Password app already? That is the only thing you need to do to start syncing your data in the 1Password app.

Some have massive duplicates or near-duplicates.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "near-duplicates"?

• Timpki
    Timpki
    Community Member

Got it! I had redundant vaults/views showing. Now all 7 of my devices show 258 items and no dupes. I removed access to dropbox, and updates work nonetheless, so 1password server must be working. Deleted all version 4 and 6 1PW apps. So now, simple and good to go. THANK you, ag_ana, for asking the right questions to get me headed the right way!!!
    1PW rocks !
    ~ Timpki

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @Timpki! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• ac7nj
    ac7nj
    Community Member

Can I sync iCloud with 1password? Or do I need to change everything over to 1password manually? I hope there’s away have over 200 sites.

• @ac7nj

Can you explain more about what you're looking to do? Is your data currently synced via iCloud, as in our iCloud sync, or is your data in something such as iCloud keychain.

• ac7nj
    ac7nj
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

My passwords are in iOS iCloud Keychain and I’m trying to migrate to 1password without typing everything in manually

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ac7nj: Thanks for clarifying. Indeed, iCloud Keychain (or local Keychain on a device) offers no interoperability or export. So you'd either need to enter all of the data into 1Password yourself, or, if you have a Mac, you may be able to use @MrC ’s converter to help automate the process of getting the data into a form usable for import into 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.