Filling SIN, AccessCode and ProvinceID

This discussion was created from comments split from: Editing Web form details fields [Planned].

Comments

• mgrell
    mgrell
    Community Member

I know this is an old thread, opened 2 years ago, but I'd like to report this site: https://srv265.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/interdec/ouverturedesession-login/ouverturedesession-login.aspx?lang=eng

There are 3 fields: SIN, AccessCode and ProvinceID

It seems that 1Password cannot save the details properly no matter what. Even if I add fields manually, they will not auto-fill. I noticed the Web Form details capture part of it but not all. Would be very useful to either be able to edit the webform details or somehow force the saving of the data on this form.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mgrell! Welcome to the forum!

It seems that 1Password cannot save the details properly no matter what.

Does 1Password not fill anything on that page? Can you please let us know what version of the 1Password for Windows app and the 1Password browser extension you are currently running, so we can test it?

• mgrell
    mgrell
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana , thanks for the welcome and the quick reply. Extension version is 1.20. Windows version is 7.4.767.

I removed the entry entirely in my vault and just re-created. Upon initial save of the site, it successfully saves the Access Code and the Province, but not the SIN. If I populate the SIN (which is the only field that shows the 1Password icon) it then over-writes the access code with the SIN value and the access code is lost. If I update the form details a 3rd time, then I get 2 fields called "password" with SIN value, but it can never populate this field on the page for some reason.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

@mgrell:

Thank you for the additional information. I was able to reproduce this behavior on that website, so I will open an internal issue for our developers to look at. Let's see if there is something we can do here so that everything can be filled :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#2023

• jd_lewin
    jd_lewin
    1Password Alumni

Aloha @mgrell,

I wanted to let you know that the latest release of 1Password in your browser has resolved this issue. You'll need to quit and re-open your browser for the update to be installed, but after that you should have the wind at your back!

🤙🏻🌴🌺

• mgrell
    mgrell
    Community Member

High-fives! Works beautifully - thanks so much!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @mgrell, thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.