1Password Crashes on Record Save

Options

Hello,

Since the upgrade to v7.6.778 I've started experiencing frequent app crashes when I click on a record save button. While that doesn't happen every time, it does do so with alarming frequency.

Thus far, the app has restarted without issue each time & data changes have been saved but am obviously concerned that I might be living on borrowed time.

I've been a !P user & advocate for years now & have never seen anything like this.

Any thoughts or insights to correct this would be appreciated.

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MS Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 55208wcgk
    55208wcgk
    Community Member
    Options

Quick tech note: I haven't made any Windows system or driver updates since the 1P app update. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @55208wcgk!

The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• 55208wcgk
    55208wcgk
    Community Member
    Options

Will do. Thanks, Ana

• Any chance this happens only with items that create longer records, @55208wcgk. Or, put another way, do you need to scroll to see the very last bit of data in these records? If so, I can maybe save you an email as that's a known issue we're already working on. It happens because you save while that scroll bar is still rendering and Windows doesn't like it. For this reason, it's a bit more common with Secure Notes and even more common when you're copy/pasting larger blocks of text into a Secure Note, but I see no reason it couldn't happen with other items as well. Either way, let me know if this sounds about right to you and, if so, you can likely just hang tight and we'll have fixed up as soon as we can. :chuffed:

• 55208wcgk
    55208wcgk
    Community Member
    Options

Kate, believe you hit the nail on the head. I was thinking the same thing - i.e., that it was related to a Secure Note save vs. any other card type because that was the only place I was seeing a crash. So I did some more testing & only experienced a "Save" crash when in a SN card. And I did test with both the original card & a new one with the same data, thinking that maybe the original record had somehow been corrupted. Crash occurred in both records. That said, is the temp solution to move to the top of the SN Card field & wait a few seconds after editing it before saving? I'm more than willing to use a workaround while you implement a solution, but to not have an ability to edit SN cards is a game changer. Thanks so much for the follow-up & help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020
    Options

@55208wcgk:

That said, is the temp solution to move to the top of the SN Card field & wait a few seconds after editing it before saving?

This might help: when you tried it, did 1Password crash anyway? However, as bundtkate said, we are working on a fix so hopefully this won't last for much longer :)

ref: dev/windows/opw#4881

• 55208wcgk
    55208wcgk
    Community Member
    Options

So far, following those steps - moving to the start of the field & waiting a few seconds after an edit before pressing the Save button - hasn't led to any crashes. I tried it five or six times so take the findings with a grain of salt, but maybe this will give your folks a little more insight into a fix. Thanks, Ana

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @55208wcgk,

Thank you for the confirmation! We will forward this issue to our team and investigate.

Let us know if you have other questions. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.