Autofill doesnt work here

jmjm
jmjm
Community Member
edited January 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I am slowly but surely adding log ins to 1P and so far so good (Amazon is the only one so far to span two pages and it seems ok). But for this one, all on the one page, it wont work; with the USERNAME and PASSWORD aligned **horizontally ** (see pic below) ie I need to manually enter the USERNAME (and then I can use 1P as it enters the pw successfully). The problem I foresee is that with so many logins accumulating in my 1P account soon I will forget that I need to enter the USERNAME manually. Is there anything I can do to make it work?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: NOT X
OS Version: WINDOWS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmjm!

Can you please post the full URL of the page where this is happening so we can test it here too? Thank you!

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

For sure "ana". This page shows a log in at the top right so I think you can test here:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/forum.php

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

(Oops, I see now there is a dedicated topic for such things ie "Saving and Filling in Browsers"...sorry...I will know next time).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

@jmjm:

No worries, I have moved the conversation to the right forum section for you :)

I have managed to replicate this issue on that website, so I will now open an issue for our developers so they can investigate this and hopefully find a way to work around the problem.

ref: dev/core/filling-issues#719

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Thanks "ana" for the feedback. Is it in this same thread that I will see any follow-up from the devs?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jmjm
    We're constantly upgrading and updating 1Password to better autofill and recognize fields in websites. The updates won't be listed here per forum discussion though. Please keep your 1Password up to date, hopefully 1Password will be able to autofill the username field in a future update.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

I was hoping there was "work around", something I hadnt considered.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not at the moment for this particular website, sorry!

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Just wondering if this can be resubmitted to the developers as still 1P does not recognize the USERNAME and PASSWORD fields.

(1PX 1.18.0)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jmjm
    Thanks for checking up on this. I've pinged the devs about this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update or two of 1Password X :chuffed:

• @jmjm I'm happy to say that things have been fixed internally so that the inline menu shows up as expected on this site and filling works great. Keep an eye out for the fix in a future release of 1Password X, and thanks for your patience waiting for us to get to it! :smile:

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Yikes @ag_jarek that is crazy good customer service...not even so much the fix but actually reporting back. If I could there would be a little something extra in all support paychecks next week 😉.

• @jmjm thank you for the kind words! The whole team definitely appreciates it :blush:

Let us know if you need anything else, we're always here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.