Persistent verifying 1password popup after installing Catalina

Options
chaynes
chaynes
Community Member

I installed 1password recently on a second computer and it worked fine. Then upgraded to Catalina, and now I get "Verifying 1Password 7" popup dialog that will not go away, or either the app or browser extension work.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: agile bits

Comments

• chaynes
    chaynes
    Community Member
    Options

Type in last sentence "or LET either the..."

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chaynes! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please post a screenshot of this message?

• chaynes
    chaynes
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted the 1pw app, then downloaded from app store, which wanted my appleid, rather than the one of the family member who's computer I was installing on. I recently upgraded to your family plan. It downloaded fine, but I get this dialog repeatedly when I try to open it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chaynes:

Thank you for the screenshot, that was useful! I see that this is a macOS thing now, so is the same message showing even when you download 1Password 7 from our website?

• chaynes
    chaynes
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I deleted the old version of 1P7 and as noted in my last message just installed the new one, which won't run because of this message.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chaynes:

My question was more about whether you were downloading 1Password from our website, because in your previous post you wrote "then downloaded from app store". Does this also happen if you download 1Password 7 from our website?

• chaynes
    chaynes
    Community Member
    Options

That was it. Works from your site.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation @chaynes! So it was indeed a problem with the Mac App Store. I am glad to hear that downloading 1Password from our website worked.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.