Username fills on Capital One, but Capital One doesn't think so

Options

1Password X will autofill both my username and password for Capital One. Their login URL is here:

https://verified.capitalone.com/auth/signin

However, Capital One doesn't seem to detect the username. It shows this error (username redacted obviously):

I have to copy my username (directly from the username field) and then paste it back over itself before logging in will work.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: macOS 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @aheckler ,

I tested this website and it worked fine for me, so I'm wondering if your login item may contain some extra fields that might shift the focus when autofilling.
    Can you please try the following:

1. Get to the login page.
    2. Manually fill in your username and password.
    3. Right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Save Login".
    4. In the prompt that shows up, save it as a new login. Do not update the existing one.
    5. Refresh the page and try to autofill using that new login you just saved.

Keep in mind not to check that "Remember Me" box when you save the new login.
    Does that autofill the page properly without showing you the error that the username is needed?

• aheckler
    aheckler
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That worked for me.

Curious though: why is leaving the Remember Me box unchecked required?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My initial gut instinct told me it might be related to the issue, but feel free to save a new login with the remember me checked, and see if it still autofills correctly and works :chuffed:

• aheckler
    aheckler
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. If I repeat the process for saving a new login, but with the Remember Me box checked, when I fill it, the same error occurs and the Remember Me box is not filled in. Screenshot:

Apparently Remember Me must be unchecked in order for it to fill the username correctly. (Which is fine by me tbh, since Capital One rarely seems to actually remember that I'm logged in...)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just as I suspected :chuffed:
    I also don't believe in the "Remember Me" checkbox, especially when you have an awesome passwords manager!

This discussion has been closed.