No Sync icon in ver.7.6

Options
Cuelaw
Cuelaw
Community Member

1Password7 (ver. 7.6 (70600005) does not have Sync icon in Preferences menu. Primary vault does not sync with iOS mobile ver.7.6

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.5 Catalina
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:[1Password 7 (ver. 7.6(700005) menu does not have Sync icon in Preferences](https://discussions.agilebits.com/search?Search=1Password 7 (ver. 7.6(700005) menu does not have Sync icon in Preferences)

Comments

• Cuelaw
    Cuelaw
    Community Member
    Options

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@Cuelaw You seemed to have downloaded ver. 7.6 from the Apple App Store--it's for subscription users only. If you want to use 1Password standalone, you'll have to download it from the Agilebits website. hth

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Cuelaw

Not having a sync tab indicates that you are syncing through an account using 1Password.com. A Primary vault does not sync via 1Password.com Instead, it syncs via something like Dropbox or iCloud.
    The sync tab is hidden on 1Password.com accounts as there are no user-configurable options.

Does the Personal vault on this Mac contain all of your data? If so, please use these instructions to remove the Primary vault on your other devices. Removing the Primary vault will bring your devices back into sync. https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

If you find you have data in your Primary vault and you need to move it over to your account vault. Here are instructions on doing that.

https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/

You will need to remove the Primary vault from any additional devices you have.

• Cuelaw
    Cuelaw
    Community Member
    Options

The All Item count on my iOS device app is 400; the All Item count on my MacOS device app is 331. That means combing through 400 items to look for ~70 items, and that doesn't include items where data like password has changed. Alternatively, it means moving all 400 items from the iOS device to the 1Password.com account and deleting the duplicates. Both alternatives require extensive clean-up on my part unless I'm missing something.

Why can't the MacOS app just sync with my iCloud backup? I knew when 1Password went to a subscription service exclusively that it would degrade the user experience.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2020
    Options

To avoid sharing your account information here in the forum, can you send us an email to support@1password.com from your account's registered email address so that we can continue the conversation there. We can gather some diagnostics and hopefully find something that will help.

You will receive a reply from BitBot our automated assistant with a support ID. Please post that ID back here so we can connect the dots.

• Cuelaw
    Cuelaw
    Community Member
    Options

Re: [#YWL-56153-493] No Sync icon in ver.7.6

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cuelaw:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: YWL-56153-493

This discussion has been closed.